- 1 cup cold butter (cut into cubes)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups of cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups regular flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- walnuts are optional
- In a large mixing bowl (or mixer), mix the butter, and sugars together first.
- Add the eggs one at a time mixing in between.
- Slowly stir in the flours, baking soda, cornstarch and salt. Mix until you have a good texture but do not over mix.
- Add the chocolate chips and walnut if you’re using them.
- Separate the dough into extra large balls (do not make them perfectly round as it will ruin the levain feel).
- Bake on 410 for 12 minutes, no less and no more. Makes about eight 6oz cookies.
- Let them cool completely. The extra cooling time makes sure they bind together!
Check out this INSTAGRAM POST for a video featuring these cookies.
Shay & Steph