So, it’s been a while since we’ve shared any recipes here. However, yesterday was NATIONAL UNICORN DAY (a day that was clearly created for us, lol) and so many of you asked for the recipe. Over the weekend we knew we needed to do something for this “holiday” so we made this delicious p a s t e l rice krispy cheesecake and we couldn’t wait to share with you guys!
Whenever we work on a recipe, we honestly have no idea how it’s going to come out but with a little trial & error along with hours in the kitchen on a Saturday afternoon, this beauty was created!
So just a quick FYI, this is a “no bake” cheesecake therefore, it’s a bit of a different texture from your traditional cheesecake- it’s a lot softer, but so delish!
Here we go….
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1- 10 oz bag of mini marshmallows
- 6 cups of rice krispy cereal
- 1 cup of melted butter
- 4 packages of softened cream cheese
- 2 -14oz cans of condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- variety of food coloring
- sprinkles to decorate
- 9 inch spring form pan
Now, many cheesecake lovers prefer whipped cream as their topping however, we chose to use our homemade buttercream frosting recipe to top ours (mostly for picture purposes) but either way tastes great, so do whichever you prefer!
WORK ON THE CRUST FIRST:
- Completely melt the 1/2 stick of butter over a large saucepan.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until creamy.
- Add the 6 cups of cereal and stir until fully mixed. Remove from heat.
- Transfer the cereal mixture to the springform pan. To do this, grease the inside of the spring form pan generously to prevent sticking. Also grease your hands slightly to easily transfer the cereal mixture to the pan (we use pam baking spray). Use all of the cereal mixture to fill the bottom of the pan and up the edges of the pan too. We also used a measuring cup to easily mold the mixture around. Remove any excess mixture at the top of the pan.
- Put the crust into the freezer to set while you prepare the filling.
- In a stand mixer, mix softened cream cheese, condensed milk, vanilla extract and lemon juice until a smooth and creamy texture develops.
- Pour the mixture into multiple bowls/containers (however many colors you want to use, we used 6)
- Add food coloring into each bowl/container…the less food coloring the lighter and the more food coloring the darker/brighter. Again, this is your preference.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and add ONE color of mixture to the bottom of the crust (in our case we did the rainbow backwards so started with purple). Place it in the freezer for 20-30 minutes to let the layer set.
- Then repeat layer by layer allowing each layer to set before adding the next layer otherwise it will all mix together and you won’t have a layered look. Once we did the last layer (pink) we allowed it to set overnight in the refrigerator before decorating.
- Decorate to your desire & ENJOY!
If you want to skip the layered look, you can always opt to just do a mixture of colors by adding the cheesecake mixture spoonful by spoonful on top of the crust.
To see the sped up version of the video, CLICK HERE
We hope you enjoy making this recipe, don’t forget to tag us in any pictures or videos if you do decide to make it because we would LOVE to see them & share on our IG story!
SHAY & STEPH