I (Shay) finished GRAD SCHOOL last week so, I’ve had a little free time to play in the kitchen. I was inspired by some recent IG posts involving cereal so, I decided to make some Captain Crunch Berry Pancakes With A Crunch Berry Glaze!
INGREDIENTS FOR PANCAKES:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- Dash of salt
- 2 TBSP Sugar
- 2 TSP baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 TSP Vanilla
- 1 cup captain crunch berry cereal crushed up
INGREDIENTS FOR GLAZE:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of butter softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- crunch berries (only crunch berries from the cereal) crushed up finely.
- Mix the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg, milk, vanilla, and softened butter.
- Pour the wet ingredient mixture into the dry ingredients and mix. The batter should be a little thick. It’s okay if there are some lumps (as long as there isn’t any flour showing).
- Add the crushed up cereal into the batter and stir until just combined.
- Let the batter stand while you make the crunch berry glaze. Mix the powdered sugar, butter, milk, an vanilla in a separate bowl. Once combined, add the crushed up crunch berries into the glaze.
- Cook the pancakes and top them with the glaze. (If the glaze gets too thick during pancake cooking time, add tiny amounts of milk).
As always, ENJOY! If you make them, tag us on INSTAGRAM in your photos because we would love to see them and share on our story!