We always like to celebrate our milestones when it comes to @soflofooodie, so we played in the kitchen and created these delicious piñata cupcakes!
….and to be honest they are so much easier than they may look.
For these cupcakes you can literally use your favorite boxed cupcake mix if you don’t want to get all fancy by making them from scratch.
We can’t share the homemade cupcake recipe or the buttercream frosting we specifically used because it’s tied to Steph’s old cake business with a business partner (sorry about that).
- One box of vanilla or white cake mix (or you can make homemade cupcakes using any recipe you desire).
- Make sure you use the amount of eggs, water, and oil according to the instructions on the cake mix box.
- Store bought frosting or make your own (again using any recipe you desire)
- Food coloring
- Ziplock bags (gallon size)
- Cupcake liners
- Cupcake pan
- Preheat your oven to 350 or to whatever temperature the back of your cake box tells you to.
- Once you have your cupcake base ready, put the mixture into separate bowls (we did 4 different bowls)
- Color each bowl of cupcake mixture a different color using food coloring.
- Line the cupcake pan with cupcake liners
- Pour each colored cupcake mixture into the separate ziplock bags (try this way for a cleaner version, otherwise just use a spoon)
- Cut a corner of the bag and pour a slight amount of mixture into the cupcake liners and repeat with each color.
- Bake until you can poke it with a toothpick and it comes out clean (or for however long your cake box tells you to)
- Cut a hole in the middle of the cupcake using a pointed knife or cupcake corer.
- Fill with sprinkles of your choice.
- Decorate as you desire & ENJOY!
We highly recommend you CLICK HERE to watch the video before attempting to make this recipe!
We truly hope you enjoy making and eating these delicious cupcakes. If you do make them, feel free to send us a picture or tag us so we can see! 🙂
Shay & Steph