So since making the U N I C O R N cheesecake, we knew we wanted to make another one but didn’t know what flavor to go with.
After receiving some feedback, we knew we wanted to focus on two things…..a chocolate base AND a more cheesecake-like texture for the next one.
WELL, WE DID JUST THAT!
We introduce to you…..a triple chocolate 6 layer no bake chocolate rice krispy cheesecake (wow try saying that three times fast, lol).
We are seriously so proud with how this one came out….. flavor, texture, and aesthetic wise ….so of course, we have to share it!
* It is important to remember that no bake cheesecake will NEVER have the same texture as a normal baked cheesecake but this one is pretty close*
WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU CLICK HERE TO WATCH THIS VIDEO BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO MAKE THIS CHEESECAKE!!!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 9 inch springform pan
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 6 cups chocolate Rice Krispies
- 10oz bag marshmallows
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 20 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4-6 ounces white chocolate chips
- 4-6 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 4-6 ounces dark chocolate chips
- Melt the butter over medium low heat until just melted.
- Add the marshmallows and continuously stir until all marshmallows are melted.
- Remove from heat and pour the 6 cups of cereal into the marshmallow mixture. Stir until completely mixed.
- Grease the inside of the spring form pan generously to prevent sticking. Also grease your hands slightly to easily transfer the cereal mixture to the pan (we use pam baking spray).
- Use all of the cereal mixture to fill the bottom of the pan and up the edges of the pan too. We also used a measuring cup to easily mold the mixture around. Remove any excess mixture at the top of the pan.
- Place the crust in the freezer while you make the filling.
- In a large bowl, mix the whipping cream and 1/2 of powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. You can use a stand mixer or a hand mixer for this.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the cream cheese and remaining powdered sugar until soft. Then mix in the sour cream and vanilla.
- Combine the whipping cream mixture into the cream cheese mixture and fold mix until combined completely. Using a spatula is preferred. (Careful not to over-mix)
- Separate the mixture into 3 medium size mixing bowls.
- Melt each type of chocolate in small bowls until smooth and creamy. For the milk and dark chocolate, we did this in intervals right in the microwave. For the white chocolate we double broiled it on the stove because melting white chocolate can be a hit or miss in the microwave.
- Add each of the melted chocolates types into the 3 different medium sized bowls with the filling mixture and mix gently with a spoon. (The more chocolate you add, the thicker the texture of the cheesecake and the darker the layers will be) this step is to preference !
- If preferred keep mixtures in the refrigerator while not using them!! Helps to set them a little before layering.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and add half of the dark chocolate mixture into the bottom of the crust. Put it back in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and add half of the milk chocolate mixture on top of the dark chocolate layer. Place it back in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and add half of the white chocolate mixture on top of the milk chocolate layer. Put it back in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Repeat steps 8, 9 and 10 until you have 6 layers total.
- Once you finish the last layer (which should be white chocolate or chocolate of preference) place the cake in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Decorate your cake as you desire, slice & ENJOY!
*if your layers appear to have mixed together gently slide your knife across the edge of a slice to reveal the true layers!*
Let us know if you make this recipe, and take pictures to send us (or tag us in) because we ALWAYS love to see when you guys make our recipes!
SHAY & STEPH