When we first published this recipe in April, we received some feedback regarding the texture so, we wanted to work on the recipe to provide a better consistency. We were able to tweak the original recipe giving the cake a more “cheesecake-like” texture. We are so excited to share the new recipe with you all!! If you want the old recipe pleas send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will happily share :).
Here we go….
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
- 1/2 stick or 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 (10 oz) bag of mini marshmallows
- 6 cups of rice krispy cereal
- 20oz or 2.5 packages of softened Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 2 1/2- 3 cups of white chocolate chips
- variety of food coloring (we used pink, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple)
- sprinkles to decorate
- 9 inch spring form pan
Now, many cheesecake lovers prefer whipped cream as their topping however, we chose to use our homemade buttercream frosting recipe to top ours (mostly for picture purposes) but either way tastes great, so do whichever you prefer!
WORK ON THE CRUST FIRST:
- Completely melt the 1/2 stick of butter over a large saucepan.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until creamy.
- Add the 6 cups of cereal and stir until fully mixed. Remove from heat.
- Transfer the cereal mixture to the springform pan. To do this, grease the inside of the spring form pan generously to prevent sticking. Also grease your hands slightly to easily transfer the cereal mixture to the pan (we use pam baking spray). Use all of the cereal mixture to fill the bottom of the pan and up the edges of the pan too. We also used a measuring cup to easily mold the mixture around. Remove any excess mixture at the top of the pan.
- Put the crust into the freezer to set while you prepare the filling.
- In a large bowl, mix the whipping cream and 1 cup of powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. You can use a stand mixer or a hand mixer for this. Be patient this step can take a few minutes.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the cream cheese and remaining powdered sugar until soft. Then mix in the sour cream and vanilla.
- Combine the whipping cream mixture into the cream cheese mixture and fold mix until combined completely. Using a spatula is preferred. (Careful not to over-mix).
- Double broil the white chocolate until smooth and creamy and add it to the cream cheese mixture.
- Separate the mixture into 6 medium size mixing bowls.
- Add a different color of food coloring to each bowl…the less food coloring the lighter and the more food coloring the darker/brighter. This is your preference.
- Remove the crust from the freezer and pour one colored mixture into the bottom of the crust then freeze for 20 minutes.
- Repeat this process with each color making sure to freeze each layer for 20 minutes.
- Decorate to your desire & leave in the freezer/fridge until ready to serve!
If you want to skip the layered look, you can always opt to just do a mixture of colors by adding the cheesecake mixture spoonful by spoonful on top of the crust.
** also if you want your filling to set faster (and last longer out of the freezer/fridge), you can mix 1 package of gelatin with 1 cup of boiling water and add it into the filling mixture before separating into different bowls, this is completely your preference we did NOT use gelatin**
To see the sped up version of the video, CLICK HERE
We hope you enjoy making this recipe, don’t forget to tag us in any pictures or videos if you do decide to make it because we would LOVE to see them & share on our IG story!
SHAY & STEPH