This recipe might be one of our BEST yet. I was sitting in my living room craving Cinnamon Toast Crunch and thinking of ways I could incorporate it into a new dessert. Along came this delicious bread pudding! It turned out wayyyy better than I expected and it’s an easy recipe too….it’s a win win!
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- 1 loaf bread (we used a challah loaf) a brioche loaf would be good too
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
Brown butter glaze:
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
1. Pour the Cinnamon Toast Crunch into two cups of milk along with the cinnamon and nutmeg and let it soak while you cut your bread.
2. Cut your loaf bread into small cubes and place them in the bottom of a GREASED 8×8 pan.
3. In a large bowl mix the other cup of milk, eggs, sugar, and vanilla then add in the infused milk mixture. Whisk until combined.
4. Pour the mixture over the bread pieces making sure to coat all of the pieces of bread evenly.
5. Let the drenched bread sit for a bit to allow all of the bread to get coated. Now is a good time to preheat the oven to 350…once the oven is preheated, your bread will have soaked up enough of the mixture.
6. Bake for 40 minutes and when there is 15 minutes left on the timer, begin making the glaze.
8. Melt the butter over medium heat.
9. Add the brown sugar and stir until combined.
10. Add in the heavy cream and continue stirring until combined.
11. Allow the mixture to come to a boil and continue stirring for a few minutes.
12. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before pouring on the bread pudding.
Seee the how to video right here!