We’ve always been big fans of “Bagel Bites” and we just made our own version of them at home and oh my gosh were they good! Think Bagel Bites but 100000X better and more natural tasting. My son is not a fan of the taste of Bagel Bites but LOVED these! The recipe is NOT hard at all and the dough is made of 4 ingredients.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Garlic and Butter (Optional)
- Toppings: sauce, cheese, etc.
WHAT TO DO:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl using a whisk.
- Add in the yogurt and mix until a dough forms. You will have to use your hands to finish making the dough come together.
- Cut your dough into small pieces (this depends how big you want to make your bagel rounds). We made them all different sizes for fun see video here.
- Roll out each individual piece of dough into a “snake” and bring the two ends together into a bagel shape.
- Brush the bagels with a garlic butter mixture to create a savory flavor.
- Bake the bagels on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for about 18 minutes (or until slightly golden) don’t worry if they’re not FULLY cooked here because they will cook again when you add toppings.
- Let the bagels cool for a few minutes and then evenly slice each bagel making two halves out of each.
- Top each half with your choice of toppings.
- Place the bagels back in the oven until the cheese is melted and golden. To speed up the process you can put it on broil but watch them closely or they will burn.
ENJOY! Let us know if you make them and tag us so we can re-share!