Over the weekend we were both craving chocolate chips cookies so we decided to make some but throw some peanut butter and jelly into the centers. Super impressed with the outcome of these and I think you will be too!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- ½ cup salted butter at room temp
- 1 egg at room temp
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup white choc chips
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons peanut butter
- 5 teaspoons jelly
WHAT TO DO:
- Individually line each tablespoon of peanut butter on a parchment paper and freeze.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugars together until creamy using a hand mixer (or a stand mixer).
- Add in the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add in the flour mixture to the wet mixture. It’s okay if it’s crumbly.
- Pour in both types of chocolate chips and mix it into the dough using your hands. Your hands will help the dough come together.
- Divide the dough into 5 big dollops And refrigerate for 25 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 while the cookie dough chills.
- Remove the dough and peanut butter dollops from the fridge and separate each of the 5 cookie dough dollops into two. Place one half down on a hard surface and make a dent in the middle.
- Add one frozen peanut butter dollop and one teaspoon of jelly into the dent. Then cover with the other half of the cookie dough. Making sure to seal the peanut butter and jelly all the way around. Do this for all 5 dollops.
- Bake the cookies on parchment paper for 15-17 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for about 8 minutes before breaking into them.
ENJOY! See the how to make them video here and tag us if you make them so we can re-share 😍