Yes, you read that right. DUNKAROOS are now back and starting to make their way at 7 eleven locations. Those delicious treats from the 90s that kids would get so excited to see in their lunchboxes (including us)!
I’ve been thinking of a way to incorporate them into a delicious recipe but also didn’t want to do the typical DUNKAROO dip that was around while they were off the shelves. This cheesecake was such a perfect combination and you’ll be sure to wow your friends and family (and yourself) if you make it too.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 cups Dunkaroo cookies crushed
- 1/2 cup graham crackers crushed
- 8 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons sprinkles
So for this, you can pretty much alter the amount of cookies and graham to however much you want of each just make sure you have 2 1/2 cups combined. I will say, if you want to make it all DUNKAROO (which we originally wanted to do) you will be buying a lot of DUNKAROO packs!
- 24 oz of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp butter extract
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz cool whip
- 4 tbsp sprinkles
- Frosting or buttercream for topping (we used homemade buttercream)
- Additional sprinkles for topping
WHAT TO DO:
- Combine the DUNKAROO cookies, Graham cracker, sprinkles and melted butter to form a crumble crust.
- Pour the mixture into a 9 inch springform pan lined with parchment paper. It will take a minute to press the crust down into the pan. Refrigerate the crust for 20 min while you make the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sprinkles, sugar, flour, butter extract and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Fold in the cool whip until just combined.
- Pour the filling into the set crust and even out the top.
- Refrigerate for at least 6 hours but we suggest 8. Decorate the top to your liking and enjoy!
*This is a no bake cheesecake, therefore the texture is softer than traditional baked cheesecake and the cheesecake will not hold up for long period of time in the heat. Keep refrigerated until ready to slice and serve!*
See the how to make it video here and tag us if you make it so we can re-share!