OREO TRES LECHES
The flavors you know and love from a Tres Leches cake but with that oreo twist. After all, Oreo’s make everything taste better, am I right?
1 cup flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
5 eggs separated
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup milk
About 13 Oreo cookies
1 can condensed milk
1 can evaporated milk
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
2 tbsp sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks, 3/4 cup sugar and vanilla.
3. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
4. Add in the 1/2 cup milk and flour to the egg yolk mixture. In a medium bowl whisk egg whites to soft peaks then add 1/4 cup sugar and whisk to stiff peaks.
5. Crush the Oreos to your liking and add them into the egg yolk mixture. Gently fold the egg white mixture into the egg yolk mixture.
6. Pour into either a 8×8 pan (thicker cake) or 9×13 lined with parchment paper. Bake for 25 minutes and allow to cool.
7. In a bowl, whisk the 3 milks for the filling.
8. Once the cake is cool, poke small holes all over the cake. Pour the milk mixture over the cake in intervals allowing it to absorb but also save about 3/4 cup of the mixture for serving later.
9. Once mostly absorbed, place in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
10. Whip together the heavy cream and sugar and spread in a thick layer on top of the cake, serve with reserved milk mixture
If you would like to see the how to video, click here!