This cheesecake has definitely been one of our favorites to make. It’s rich and creamy without being overly sweet. It does take some time and love to get the perfect texture and consistency but the wait is soooo worth it!
7 tbsp butter
32 oz cream cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
1 1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
Red food coloring ( I used 1 oz)
1. Make your crust by combining crushed Oreos and butter then spread into the bottom of a springform pan.
2. Bake on 350 for 10 minutes then set aside to cool.
3. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until creamy then add sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, sour cream and eggs until fully combined.
4. Add your red food coloring until desired color and pour the batter into the cake pan with the crust.
5. Next, grab a larger pan and place a couple of paper towels on the bottom of it. Place the cheesecake pan inside the larger pan and fill the larger pan with boiling water half way up the side of the cake pan with the batter.
6. Be careful not to get any water into the pan with the batter. This is a Bain-Marie and a very important step. It helps the cake bake evenly.
7. Bake the cheesecake on 300 for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Turn the oven off and leave the cheesecake in the oven for another 45 minutes- 1 hour.
8. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
9. Remove the sides of the pan, slice and enjoy!
If you would like to see the how to video, click here!